I had a grand plan for today which evolved completing a sewing project, doing lots of laundry and clearing up the mess I made yesterday. Sadly as always the best laid plans of mice and Mary ……… However I did complete a whole new project that didn’t even exist this morning at breakfast time!. Those of you who know me from old will hopefully recognise the picture below. These Ikea lanterns were a staple part of our life with La Reine (re-enactment group – a million years ago!!) I found this one in the back of a cupboard looking very sad and sorry for itself and it seemed a crying shame not to give it a new lease of life.
So armed with a screw driver, some warm soapy water and a block of sand paper I dismantled it, polished the glass panels and prepared the wood for painting…….
It was only then that I discovered that white is the ONLY colour spray paint we didn’t seem to have! So a trip to The Range later……
Luckily the sun was shining so it dried fairly quickly! Screwed it all back together and using the rather handy (fake) berries I bought in The Range along with some battery operated lights….. Ta Da!!!
I think the term is ‘shabby chic’ but I always think that sounds a bit pretentious so I think I’ll use ‘ lived in’ or ‘bodged together’
I’m kinda hoping we have some more of these in the shed (or I can steal Katy’s before she notices)
One Regiment de la Reine lantern – full of many many memories – with a new life!
Vive la Roi!