It seems all I want to eat these days is soup! When it’s cold outside, it seems all I want it comfort food and with everyone’s busy schedules and in and out of the house all the time a bucket of filling soup is the easiest way to cater for a moving dinner time!
And makes a perfect entry into the Co-operative Society Winter Warmers competition – read more about it all here
Roasted Vegetable Soup
2 medium carrots –
2 medium parsnips
3 medium sweet potatoes
2 garlic cloves – crushed
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon each of chopped fresh basil and parsley
2 pints of vegetable stock
2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt and pepper to season
– Peel and chop the vegetable into 1 inch (5cm) cubes/lengths
– Place in a mixing bowl and toss in the oil until they are all well coated.
– Pour on to an baking tray and roast in a hot oven for about 25 minutes until they are golden brown
– Add to a saucepan with the stock, garlic, paprika, seasoning and herbs and bring to the boil.
– Blitz to your preferred consistency (add water at this stage if the soup is too thick)
– Cook for a further 20 minutes and serve with crusty bread for a wholesome warming supper!
You can of course always cook it in the slow cooker so it’s ready when you get back from a wintry walk!