52 cook books is into week 16, and although I am a day late with the link up (sorry!) I’m loving it!
Spending time to go through cook books and plan a meal rather than rush about and just use up whats in the fridge it really enjoyable – although my family may disagree, given the headless chicken impressions I do at times and the occasions when they find me photographing dinner on the bedroom floor – because that’s where the best light is!
So this week a family favourite – Pasta and tomatoes.
I bought a really lovely regional Italian cookbook some time ago and it is very under used!
So I have taken a rather nice recipe and made it diet friendly.
(did I tell you yet how good I was – a whole easter weekend and not a single piece of chocolate passed my lips!)
200mg closed mushrooms
low calorie cooking spray
1 small onion
1 tin chopped plum tomatoes
1 small carton of fat free fromage frais
2 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper to taste
chopped fresh basil
1. Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet
2. Chop the onion and slice the mushrooms and fry with the crushed garlic in a heavy bottomed pan using the low calorie spray
3. fry for approximately 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
4. pour over the tin of tomatoes and leave o a low boil for about 10 minutes to reduce the level of liquid.
5. stir in the fromage frais and stir until well mixed add 2/3 of the basil and allow to cook for another 5 minutes
6. pour over the cooked drained pasta and sprinkle with the remaining basil.
Delicious! And just as good when given a covering of grated cheese and toasted in the oven for 15 miutes – for those in the household not on a diet!
So over to you all – what did you make this week?