Can any of us know what is to come?
Maybe, we can certainly wish for our futures even if we don’t really know what is to come. But the new year and all the new beginnings it brings turns a lot of people towards predictions for the months to come. So here are a few of mine….
1. Later in the year a lot of very fatuous people will spend a lot of money on soliciting our vote. There will be those we hate and those we don’t and a large proportion of the country will be disappointed about the outcome. And yes this can be related to both the general election and X factor!
2. It will snow and there will be panic in the home counties as 3cm of white stuff brings society as we know it to a standstill.
3. It will snow and everyone north of Leeds will laugh at the southerners panic buying for the coming ice age and failing to get to work through it all.
4. It will rain – a lot – at some point, but that will be the wrong moment for farmers, event planners and brides all over the country and the tabloids will be full of the horror stories
(can you see a theme here?)
5. I’m fairly sure that Andy Murray won’t win Wimbledon, which is kinda sad, ‘cos it would be nice for him to succeed, although without all the bitching over his nationality. Can’t we just be happy for him and celebrate his success?
6. It’s not much a mind stretch, but I predict that my children will continue to be awesome and surprise me with their skill and intellect. They will achieve great things and make me proud (as I say not much of a mind stretch – they have done this every year of their lives so far…..so don’t let me down kids!)
7. My friends will be epic, as they always are – fiercely loyal, always supportive and generally a bit off the wall, which is just the way I like them!
8. Comic Relief will be an amazing success and those wonderful girls from Team Honk will astound us, with all that 3 very normal, (hahahah – that lot normal!) women with a dream can do!
Now a lot of those might be a given and probably shouldn’t be taken too seriously. But people do set a great store on predictions for the future. Astrology, tarot readings, clairvoyance, mean a lot people, and I have seen how much comfort knowing the future gives to those who do? (I’m not religious for example but I accept religion brings great comfort to those who are). The services provided by people like those at TheCircle are important to so many of us. Comfort, stability and confidence can be given by knowing what lies ahead – perhaps more people could do with that confidence!
You may not believe in it yourself, I’m not sure that I do, but that doesn’t really give any of us the right to be mean to those who do believe, after all should we not be respectful of others ? Would that not make the world a generally nicer place to live?
Wouldn’t that make a wonderful prediction for the future – that people will just be kind, supportive and not laugh at the beliefs of others. I only wish it could come true!
This is a collaborative post
Image courtesy of [artur84] at FreeDigitalPhotos.net