I was inspired for this post by the very lovely Missie Lizzie who suffers the issues of a runner in the house! So in a similar vein, this is living with a roleplayer and wargamer!
1. They use more oven cleaner to strip paint off figures than you do on the oven.
2. Boxes and packaging are never thrown away, they make great scenery with some paint and flock in place.
3. You are the go to household for every fancy dress costume your friends ever need.
4. Every fancy dress party is planned like the D-Day landings.
5. Dice no longer just have six sides.
6. It’s normal to discuss dwarf bread over breakfast.
7. There are bags of sand from historical battles fields all over the house.
8. The family doesn’t have a fire escape plan but come the Zombie apocalypse, we’re sorted and ready to survive!
9. You’re three year old daughter can describe the difference between 2 different types of Russian WWII tanks.
10. Families really are divided by the Marvel or DC debate.
11. Nerf guns take over your house – even though you son is 24 and lives 600 miles away.
12. Latex swords cluttering the stairs are a pretty normal state of affairs.
13. Fingers nails can be hand painted with incredible detail at the drop of a hat.
14. They answer when you call them Sheldon.
15. Their T-shirt with that logo on, is only owned by 50 other people, and only half of them understand it.
16. Your children’s weekend diary at school reads like a chapter from Lord of the Rings.
17. When using one of their paintbrushes is an offence worthy of divorce.
18. Watching the latest TV drama turns into a debate on the rights and wrongs of television costume departments.
19. Their first comment on your blog post, is criticising the quality of the figure in the picture!…….. I rest my case!
Can you add to the list? I love to hear your additions!
Picture courtesy of https://www.flickr.com/photos/laenulfean/